Friday, February 15, 2008

Ugly

My mom and brother hooked me up to IV fluids at home last night. After two bags, I felt much perkier, enough to eat a sandwich, and I went to bed hoping today would be better.

It's not better, though. I ate some breakfast and drank some liquid, but I lost most of that, so progress is not being made. I'm working my way through a glass now, but it's slow going. I need to try harder, or I'll be back on the IVs before the end of the weekend, but I have to force myself to take sips. It's miserable.

I guess this is the other shoe I was worrying about, since this pregnancy came relatively quickly. There are worse shoes, and I am mostly grateful not to have them. Doesn't make this easy to take, though.

5 comments:

Nico said...

It's so odd that two pregnancies for the same person can be so very different. Also that you're sick this time - the old wives say that people are more likely to be sick with twins. Just goes to show what they know. I hope this doesn't last long!!!

Suz said...

I'm so sorry. I hope that the nausea lessens...at least a little.

Stacie said...

That just sucks. I wish I had something useful to say, some magical tidbit of advice, but all I have is hopes it goes away soon.

SassyCupcakes said...

I'm so sorry you've been so sick. I hope you had a good weekend and you're feeling much better.

Maggie said...

I hope you feel better soon. Have you tried sucking on ice cubes or eating popsicles? Sometimes if it's something really cold it goes down a little easier.