- I'm so sad for Alexa today.
- CD 21, and not really any impending signs of ovulation. I'm not sure if I'm even going to see a delayed ovulation this month, or if the whole thing is just a wash.
- I'm unabashedly happy for Nico. When she announced her first pregnancy, I read the post on Christmas morning, after a particularly rough Midnight Mass the night before, and literally wailed out loud. This time, I'm just happy for her, though I'd like for it to happen for me too. Secondary IF is so much *saner*...
- Katherine is finally really walking! She took her first steps in November, but didn't ever move beyond that. On Christmas Eve, she was across the room, and stood up and walked over to me like she'd been doing it all her life. She's now walking most of the time, although she still knee-walks fairly frequently. I'll be so glad when that stops.
- 15-month checkup last week. Katherine is 23 lb 13 oz (50%), Claire 22 lb 13 oz (25%), but at 31" tall (50%), she is a full inch shorter than Claire (32"/75%).
- In retrospect, I just don't think Claire was a very good nurser. For the first six months of her life, we struggled to even keep her on the chart at all. Once she started on solids, she went from being itty-bitty to normal for her age. Milk supply wasn't a problem for me, rather the opposite, but I don't think she was very efficient about getting it.
- Talking is about to take off, I think. We have mama, dada, bye-bye, hi, and then several partial words -- "ba" for ball, "buh" for book, "baba" for button.
- I've got a full-time nanny starting next week. I'm somewhat more enthusiastic about this development than I was last time I mentioned it, but still a long way from thrilled. Some SAHM I turned out to be, huh?
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Posted by EAB at 12:16 AM