Sunday, December 21, 2008

TMI question

Major TMI, don't say you weren't warned.

Little gushes of bright red bleeding two and a half weeks after a D&C. Not a lot, maybe a teaspoon a couple times a day, but it's happened consistently every day for five or six days now. Some cramping, nothing too major, just enough to keep reminding me that hi, I'm your uterus. No fever. Normal at this point, or time to call the doctor tomorrow?

Or, more properly, time to call the doctor and yell until someone pays attention? I mentioned that I was spotting when I saw her for my post-op visit last week, and she said spotting was normal. At that point, I had only had some pink spotting for a couple days, and a single gush of red the day before, so I thought, okay, fair enough. However, this is getting beyond what I consider spotting -- it's more like a light period, and it's bright red, and it's happening every day. And honestly, I'm not overly trusting of her right now, not after the infection debacle, and I'm not that inclined to take her word for it.

I know a little bleeding probably isn't all that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, but I'm gun-shy now.

ETA: they said it was normal (OF COURSE THEY DID) unless I'm having a fever or severe pain along with it. I'm letting it go for now, but if I have to call again, there will be a stink made, oh yes indeed.

2 comments:

HEATHER said...

Keep calling until you can get someone to listen!

Antigonos said...

Given your history, get it checked out. It MAY be your period, and not pathologic at all [usually, during a D&C, your uterus is sort of vacuum-cleaned and the first resulting period can be very light, and/or atypical.] But it can also be a sign of returning endometritis. Don't panic just yet [smile]