Went to the doctor this morning, because not only am I completely unable to breathe normally, the baby wasn't moving at all. Even a breathing treatment didn't get him going, and those usually make us both fairly wired. He finally woke up and started hiccuping while I was sitting in the waiting room, and I nearly cried in relief (as well as out of general misery).
The doctor did a non-stress test and said he looked good, but she still sent me to L&D for a pulmonary workup and a few hours of monitoring. Chest x-ray was clear, white count was OK, so it looks like it's just a garden-variety upper-respiratory infection and asthma exacerbation. My peak flows were rotten -- I'm only breathing at about 40% of my normal capacity, though a couple breathing treatments put me closer to 50%. However, there's just not much to be done about it right now. She doesn't want to give me steroids as long as my oxygen saturation levels are OK, so I'm just supposed to keep sucking down the albuterol until I start to kick this.