Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thursday three

Good:
Claire sat up by herself last night! She has been able to remain sitting when propped for a while now, but this was the first time she got herself from prone to sitting. She is more-or-less crawling, too -- her belly is still on the ground, but she has the basic motions down. I'm sure it won't be long before Katherine has it down too, as she is usually a week or so behind Claire.

Bad:
While lowering their crib mattresses, I somehow managed to drop the mattress in such a way that it hit the front of my knee. Yes, I mean the bad knee. The knee hyperextended, and I felt something go "pop", and it gave way. It hurt like hell, and two hours later, there is swelling, and I can't bear full weight on it. If I'm lucky, it's just a sprain or a strain. If I'm not, well, that pop was my bad ACL giving up the ghost.

I tell you, I am starting to feel positively persecuted by the fates.

Ugly:
Poopy diaper changes were so much easier before the babies learned to roll over and wiggle. I leave it to your imagination why this is in the "ugly" category.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Hooray for Claire! Watching the babies grow and learn is so much fun.

You're poor knee! You should get it checked out right away - and leave the moving/lifting to the hubby.

You are so right about the poopy diapers. It's so much less fun to change a baby who just wants to get away.

Eva said...

I'm so sorry about your knee. I hope it's the lesser of evils.

So exciting about the sitting. Sarah just started sitting, too, and she is so joyful about it. Jordan is taking his time, but he's pretty content reclining anyway.

Yikes on the diapers. Sticking fingers and toes into the open diaper are pretty gross in our house these days.

Maggie said...

happy 8 month birthday, girls!!